I am Paul Duxbury the owner and main author of this Learning and Development in Focus blog I thought readers might like to know a little about me!
I am also a firm advocate of making both Learning and Development theory and practice accessible to all. So one of my aims with this blog is to ensure that the ideas and thinking I share are understandable and can be applied.
I have operated in the Learning and Development field for over 20 years. That has been at both a strategic level implementing solutions which enable achievement of strategic business objectives and at an individual level training and coaching helping people to create change in their own lives.
My experience has included working with public, private and third sector organisations of all sizes and the individuals within them to facilitate business and people focused results.
As I said at the outset I am passionate about Learning and Development with a commitment to ‘people first’, which means that I am focused on training, supporting and enabling others to achieve. The feedback I have had throughout my career is that I am able to work effectively at all levels, whether engaging with clients to understand requirements, building and managing high performing teams or collaborating with partners to make a genuine difference.
I am committed to my ongoing development and I maintain up-to-date awareness of Learning and Development best practice and undertake appropriate training to enhance my skill base. Recent accreditations include Fellowship of the Institute Training and Occupational Learning (FITOL) Fellowship of the Learning and Performance Institute (FLPI)
Paul Duxbury Recent Achievements include:
- Re-focused, developed and managed the eLearning offering across the Group;
- Recruited, established and managed a new Operational Training Team to address the needs of our Supply Chain operations;
- Managed a substantial Outplacement Programme as part of the most significant Transformation Project undertaken by the Group;
- Undertook a large exercise to establish levels of compliance for core mandatory/legal training and developed a needs-led Training Calendar to achieve compliance;
- Developed a “Grow Our Own” approach to development of staff which addressed attraction and retention issues;
- Collaborated with De Montfort University and developed the enhanced MSc Property Management for Property Managers.
Paul Duxbury Areas of Expertise:
- Training Management and Delivery
- Leadership Development
- On-boarding and Induction
- Change and Transformation
- Project Management
- Stakeholder and Supplier Relationship Management
- Apprenticeship Levy
- LMS Development, Implementation and Management
If you want to know more about me then you can take a look at my CV Website at – Learning and Development Manager